39. The Plock Bridge was built in 1938 and replaced the old, semi-stationary bridge. Named the Legionnaire Bridge after the Polish units fighting along the German and Austro-Hungarian armies in WWI. Stands on 8 pillars and spans for 690 m; nice view on the historical city centre. The bridge stands on the imposing, huge and high steel framework, looking a bit heavy, though certainly very original. The Plock bridge is among the 3 Vistula bridges which are joing, road and railway ones. As the urban bridge, and the only one is Plock (another one is planned), it attracts very heavy traffic, also the transit one. Jams tend to block the lane leading to the right bank, where the city centre is. Historically, the bridge is in the Mazovian Region; still in the Mazovian voivodship.
Breitengrad, Längengrad: 52.5348883333, 19.6915766667